12.04.2012

tuesday tunes: old favs, new finds


I've got two awesome musical treats to share today and I'm really excited about both.

First up is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs (which I'm totally allowed to post now that Thanksgiving is over). It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Christmas and of jazz, so this time of year my cd player is blasting all the greats: Nat King Cole, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing, etc. My absolute favorite-favorite songs will be posted a little later in Dec, but for now, here is one of my top 5, sung by the ever-lovely and heartwarming, Judy Garland:


Next is a incredible twist on what I consider my single favorite piece of classical music eva: the Bach Cello Suite No. 1 in G. You can see the original version here, but today I had to share new version by a mind-blowing cellist who is just so talented and fun. You've probably already heard of The Piano Guys because I'm lame and always seem to hear about cool things last, but he's taken Mr. Bach's cello suite and turned it in to a jam session for cellos…all played by him! Seriously, you gotta check this out:





1 comment:

  1. Judy Garland's version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is my all-time favorite Christmas song! I actually just wrote about it this past Friday on my blog. You might like the band Hem's version of it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I really love reading them and look forward to hearing what you have to say!